"And then what do we do with the foreman? He will become beforeman or afterman..."
- On what to do with surplus labour
"Overhead. Sometimes it goes over the head..."
- On complicated calculations for assets!
"Can we take the first question as closed? Or do you have anything to disclose?"
R: Your opinion on this?
VIKRAM: Sir, mine?
R: Mine... Yours... Mine... Mine of information :P
"Dishman pharma... Dushman pharma..."
- How a simple alphabet change can change a company's fortunes!
"Shareholders will understand... Or they will stand outside..."
- On the outstanding behaviour or shareholders who don't get paid dividend
"Payback method is very simple to understand. Even dummies understand it. That is why.... CEOs understand it."
- A fillip for all managers-to-be!
"Depreciation... It requires proper appreciation."
- On why things going down can also look up.
R: Have you worked out the current ratio?
TSS: No, sir...
R: Then work it out currently...
"Quick ratio... Tell me quickly."
"It is better to put the money in the bank and sleep well, rather than invest it in this business and lose sleep."
- On how nocturnal performance and ROCE are connected :P
"Many people feel that HDFC Bank is a bachcha... It is a bachcha, but it is achcha...!"
- On the infancy of certain private banks.
"There are too many analyses... But too much analysis will lead to paralysis."
- How spending too much time with ManAcc can lead to loss of muscle function.
"Break-even analysis... We've already broken our heads over it."
- Cranial side effects of ManAcc
"Turn the page and learn the worth!"
- Where Metallica left off, Raja started off...
"It is not a mystery... It is just history!"
- Getting verse and verse...
"In Japan... They have flyover and over!"
- On the stagnating GDP and developmental saturation of them Japs.
"In Argentina, the inflation rate is some 40%, 50%... Like pass mark..."
- How the CBSE syndrome affects Buenos Aires
"Without wasting time... Explain time value of money."
- Well put!
And the best one for Day One, while taking attendance...
R: Antara Chatterjee...
R: Absent? Antara... Bahar-aa...
FROM BATCH B, COURTESY ARATI AND PANNA...
"Ankit Singh... Why don't you sing?" (Attendance!)
"You have taken a lot of time but you have also added a lot of value..."
- To Monty after explaining Time Value of Money
"We have to check a lot of things before investing in stocks. Including the horoscope... In some cases it is the HORRORscope..."
- Future investors, beware!
"If Ambuja, Ultratec, India Cement is getting 22% return, then Anil will say "nil" to investing."
- Anil Ambani's last word on whether or not to invest in the cement industry at 18% return...
"It is an art... To understand art."
- Resovles Shankar's dilemma as to why we shouldn't invest in art...
"All big companies in the west... Like Merryl Llynch.. Get lynched by this P/E ratio..."
- On the P/E ratio and how it bamboozles the best :P
"Include everything... Short term loans... Long term loans... Don't leave anything aLOAN..."
- On how no debt should be left in solitude.
"You are a B.Com? Well, now you cant afford to B.Calm because I'm going to ask you a question!"
- To PriChamaria
A bit of help from Siddharth Jain...
R to Monty, Sujata and Shruti: Now you teen deviyaan will answer my questions...
SJ: How can they be teen deviyaan... They are all more than twenty years old...
"If Tata Motors can't pay their dues... They'll have to say TATA to their business..."
- On insolvency
"Shravan don't just come to class in Shravan ka mahina..."
- To a latecoming PlaceComm member ;D
"Somebody wanted attendance, so now I should attend to this?"
- On attendance...